Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 6, 2013

Big News!

Wow, so much has happened this past month! Where to begin?...

Well, first off - I have now been an official Stay-At-Home-Mom for 3 weeks! After Rose was born, I had took some of my maternity time, but then went back to work and did part time work / part time maternity leave. It was so hard to leave Rose. Thankfully, I was able to leave her with my Mom, so I know she was in good hands, but.... 1) she was not eating from a bottle, 2) it was just too much of a strain/stress on me that by the time I got home each night I couldn't even enjoy her because I was so tired from work and coordinating dropping off and picking up, etc... and 3) I just plain missed being with my baby. I was dreading the month of May coming as that was when I was supposed to go back full time but deep down I knew I could not do it. I didn't know if Rose would ever take a bottle, and if working part time was taking such a toll then what would full time do? Bryce and I discussed the options, and in the end decided we needed to take a leap of faith on this one - so I gave my two weeks and now here I am, at home with my baby girl and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully Rose feels the same :) I think Grandma is pretty disappointed not to see her grand-baby everyday anymore though.

Bryce is now an official graduate of Dixie State University, with a bachelors in Elementary Education. I am so happy and proud of him! It was a long hard road of late nights, big projects and many hoops to jump through but we made it. We are now in the process of applying for teaching positions and are praying he is able to obtain one for this upcoming school year. We of course hope to stay here in good ol' southern Utah but we are willing to consider moving too.

Hmmm.... it seems like when I started this post there were a lot of other things I was going to mention... but now I can't think of them. I'll finish with an update on our sweet little Rose:

Rose is now a little over 4 months. She has discovered she can grab her foot and likes to try to eat her toes. She is rolling over pretty consistently, from her back to her tummy, but it's funny because once she gets to that position she'll let you know she does not enjoy it, however she won't roll over the other way. So we end up helping her roll to her back and she'll be all smiles again, until a few seconds later when she's on her tummy again. :) She just loves to be outside. If she is getting fussy all I have to do is go outside and she will be perfectly content to watch Tator and Kevin (our dog and cat). She likes it when her Daddy plays peek-a-boo with her or when Mommy pretends to eat her hands and feet.

At her last check-up the doctor said we could start her on solids, which surprised me as I thought you were supposed to wait until 6 months. So I decided to try a little bit of rice cereal just once a day, and just slowly build up to it. But I'm not going to be real serious about it right now or worry if I miss a day, since I read that 6 months is still the recommended age for solids. Gonna be honest - I'm not a big fan of our pediatrician, so I'm not sure I want to rely fully on his point of view on this. In fact, at the appointment Rose had the tiniest spot on her forehead that looked like cradle cap, so I asked about it, and he proceeded to give this  detailed description of using cortisone cream and then going and getting this special baby shampoo etc... I pretty much tuned it out. If it's going to be that serious shouldn't the dr write all this down for you? Who's going to remember all that? So I came home, googled it, talked to my mom, and decided to follow my mom's advice (baby oil on her head, brush her head everyday) and viola! Gone!

Anyways... that's all for today. Now for a video!


1 comment:

  1. Love that you get to be a stay at home Mom! But YES....I miss not seeing her everyday! And you, of course. Will you guys move to Ivins please? :)

    ReplyDelete