Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Job! A Job!

Good news! Bryce has a job!

Here's the story - 

Bryce has been busy continuing to volunteer at Little Valley (where he did his student teaching), and he had been finishing up his 2 weeks at Mt America, so he didn't have a lot of time to fill out applications. So, since I am a SAHM, I decided that would be my project. 

I've been looking up job opportunities all over the place - Utah, Arizona, Nevada - and basically doing data entry on all the different applications. Then I'd have Bryce look over them, answer the essay questions, and then I'd send them off. 

Wednesday, Bryce got a phone call from a principal about setting up an interview. Bryce felt that he and the principal just clicked and felt good about this upcoming interview. 

Thursday, he had the interview - at our kitchen table over facetime. So I was able to listen in, and it went really well. Then, throughout the evening, we kept getting phone calls from Bryce's references saying they had just spoken to the principal. It was looking good for us and we were beginning to research and discuss all the decisions and things we would need to do if he got the job.

Friday, the principal called - my phone first lol - and told me he wanted us to come... Bryce was at Little Valley so I txt him "Good News!" and then said to call me. Then Bryce called the principal back and accepted the offer!

You may be wondering, where is this job at?!

Bryce is going to be the new 5th grade teacher at Hualapai Elementary School, in Kingman Arizona!


So we are moving to Kingman!

We both feel really good about this decision, and feel it will be a good opportunity for our family. We are so blessed the way things have worked out. I wrote before that my quitting my full time job was a leap of faith for us. Bryce had also just finished up his last two weeks of work at Mt America. And now, because we took those leaps, we don't have to worry about quitting or finishing up "two-weeks", we can start planning now and getting ready to move now. In fact, we are hoping to move at the beginning of June - just three weeks away! So we have a lot to do and accomplish!

This weekend we are going to go down to Kingman to scope it out - hopefully finding a place to live, visit the school and principal, find the library (very important), etc...

Bryce is still volunteering his time at Little Valley until school is out - and what a good thing because many of the teachers are cleaning out stuff they no longer need, and so Bryce has become the recipient for a lot of stuff he can use in his own classroom. I told him I will willingly take on the job of finding books for his classroom library :)

I'm sure at times it's going to be hard for me, being away from family, friends, and good ol' southern Utah. But, Kingman is only 3 hours from St. George, and a full time job for Bryce means a full time mommy for Rose. So, I think it's worth the sacrifice of leaving.

Maybe I'll actually update the blog more if I'm living away from everyone too? That will be my goal - we'll see if I actually follow through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment