Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Positive!

Many of you who read this blog already know this, but for those of you I haven't seen this past week or so... I'm pregnant! Bryce and I are so excited and so happy!

The ironic thing is, after a year of trying to conceive, I had just gone to the doctor to start getting "tests" done to see what/if there could be a problem.

Long story short: A few days after getting some blood work done, and an ultrasound, and beginning some medication to hopefully "help" (and spending a lot of money to do all this), I had this feeling and a few symptoms suggest to me that I should take a pregnancy test. Well low and behold, it came back positive!

Unfortunately, getting the positive result back did not go at all as I imagined it would. Instead of being able to be happy, I was very nervous and worried due to the fact that I had been taking the aforementioned medication that of course said, in big bold red letters, "Do Not Take If Pregnant". Luckily, the nurse at the doctors office was very kind to help calm my fears and I was able to get some blood work done to confirm that all was well.

Now, I am just dealing with the morning/all day sickness. Thankfully, I can still function and go to work. I just don't feel that great, all.day.long. After hearing stories of my mom, her sisters and my cousins and how horribly sick they were during their pregnancies I am grateful for how mild mine seems to be in comparison (at least so far). If this is as bad as it gets then I will be very thankful (knock on wood).

Baby Ransom is due in December!

3 comments: