Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2012

Due Today

--Morning--
Today is my due date! It came so fast! Oh and I finally got that burst of energy, the "nesting" phase. Saturday and yesterday I have been doing things all day to get ready for baby: laundry, dishes, hanging pictures in the nursery, packing the hospital bag, making to-do lists of all the things I still need to do... I honestly don't think she is going to make an appearance for another few days though, so maybe I'll be able to finish my list.

Bryce is done with classes and finals for this semester - Hurray!! What a relief that one more semester is over. Tomorrow he takes the Praxis exam (so baby cannot come tomorrow), and then he has one more semester (which will include his student teaching) and he will finally be done with school! There are some lucky kids out there - one day they get to have Mr. Ransom as their teacher :) I took cookies to his last day of his practicum class at the elementary school this semester and the girls all gave him a group hug, while the boys gave him 'fist-bumps' (since they are too cool for hugs), then this one boy started chanting - "Handsome Ransom! Handsom Ransom", and the whole class took it up. It was so funny and cute. The kids obviously liked him. Handsome Ransom was actually a nickname missionaries would call him while on his mission, so I asked Bryce as we were leaving if he had told them that - but he said no, none of the kids had known. Well, it's no surprise to me they thought of that by themselves - he is a pretty handsome guy!

--Evening--
So I wrote the above early this morning but didn't have time to post so I thought I'd write a little more.

We had a check-up today but I didn't want to know what/if any progress there was so our midwife didn't tell us. I did ask when she thought the baby would come and she said definitely in a couple of days. It seems so surreal that here in a couple of days we're going to have a little baby to take care of, to play with, to cuddle with... :) :) How exciting! (and overwhelming!!! I don't know if I'm ready... guess it's too late now though). Even though I do have some worries about being a parent I am really looking forward to meeting our little girl. We both are. I guess we're just playing the waiting game now - the goal is to make it to Wednesday at least, Friday would be best though (can't be tomorrow since Bryce is taking the Praxis and Wednesday and Thursday our midwife won't be available so....). And who knows, maybe she'll wait for Christmas.

I'm sure another post will be coming soon once we have our little one here.

1 comment:

  1. I think she will make her appearance on Friday! :) Weighing in at 7lbs and 2oz! Thats my guess!

    ReplyDelete