Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Hike

Yea! I'm finally updating - nevermind that it's all on stuff that happened weeks ago :)
On Thanksgiving morning Bryce & I met up with two of my brothers, some cousins and friends to hike the Ivins Red Mt. It's been awhile since I've climbed the mountain but we used to go as a family every year on Thanksgiving morning.

Here we are at the very top - look I actually made it! - overlooking Ivins and St. George in the background.

Some of you might recall that Bryce broke his toes last February... well here he is, returning to the scene of the accident, re-enacting for us exactly how it happened: Wanting to explore and climb up the face of those sandstone boulders, Bryce started to pull himself up, when the rock he was hanging on suddenly broke off and landed hard on his toes, breaking all his toes on one foot but one. :( The rocks you see by his feet are what's left of the rock ledge he was hanging on.



Here's my good-lookin' husband :)


Yes, I needed help down the mountain...



Here's my brother, Mike.
I had a picture of my brother Dallin too but the camera died before I could add it on :( sorry Dallin.



One last close up...


Now it's: Adios... see ya... good-bye... we're going down to eat.

Climbing the Red Mt. was a lot harder than I remembered and my legs felt like jelly by the time we were done. But after our hike, we cleaned up and got to enjoy a yummy, relaxing Thanksgiving dinner; then took a long and much needed nap.
All but the first two pictures were taken by Bryce Hunt, a relative of mine. He was climbing up the mountain and snapping photos of us as we were climbing down. So thanks for the pictures!
One day soon I'll post our "hunting for a Christmas Tree" experience... but as I mentioned before, the camera died - Annoying! - so now I'll have to do it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment